Now that your Retriever Digital Signage is installed and you’ve familiarized yourself with our program, are you itching to get started with your first play list? Have you made a play list, but aren’t quite satisfied with your technique yet?
Tv signage is a fantastic communication tool for any organization; business or otherwise. You don’t have to be a graphic designer to create slides and you don’t have to have a degree in English to write the text. You simply need to keep in mind that your viewers are often on the go so your message should never be a full advertising campaign. Instead, your first goal is to capture attention and engage their interest. Your second goal is to communicate efficiently. And your third goal? Keep them coming back again and again to see what new slides have joined your play list!
To start with here are 5 tips to maximize the impact of your Retriever Digital Signage display strategies:
- Know your audience. Relevant messages go a long way in creating an interested audience.
- If possible, use larger signage. Size does often equal impact!
- Incorporate customer loyalty and point of sale techniques – suggestion is powerful, especially when coupons or extra toppings are involved.
- Determine your prime viewing times with help from an editorial calendar.
- Consider your audience. The purpose of tv signage is to enhance the shopping/waiting/viewing experience, not overwhelm.
With those principles in mind, let’s now review 10 content basics that will help your content stand out:
- Keep your text as simple as possible.
- Most display lengths in a playlist cycle are 3-10 seconds long so base your length on the viewing area. Waiting room? You can take up to 10 seconds on the slides. Hallways? 3-5 seconds is max.
- Try to break up informative slides with something fun!
- Remember that this is digital communication – there’s no excuse for outdated information anymore.
- Use graphics that compliment the information in your text.
- Use COLOR!
- Stay consistent with your slides by incorporating your brand style and message.
- Know what your viewers want to learn. Make sure they get that information.
- Incorporate your community into your playlist. Use Retriever Digital Signage to create connections and increase your revenue.
- Enjoy what you create. Your personality and interest level shines through to viewers. Love what you do.
You don’t have to be a graphic designer. You don’t have to be an award-winning journalist. But with the right mindset and a little bit of enthusiasm, you can create play lists for your Retriever Digital Signage that not only communicate with impact, but entertain, inform and captivate your viewers. Develop your strategy to master this dynamic communication tool and soon you’ll forget that you ever used bulletin boards and flyers to get your message out!